Friday, June 27, 2008

Life

Lots of stuff has happened, and I can't possibly keep you up to date. I'm having enough trouble keeping my personal journal up to date. Here's a brief summation of the past few weeks:

After receiving my mission call, I planned on taking a trip up to Washington so that I wouldn't have to worry about leaving a job to go visit people up there later in the summer. This way, I could actually get some job experience under my belt so that when I get back, I have a slightly better chance of being financially independent. Fate intervened, but I'll talk about that later.

So, I travel up to Washington to visit peoples. I start with the grandparents and Jay, Lori, and Ryan in Battle Ground. I had lunch with Anna on my way up to Marysville. While I stayed in Marysville with Joel and Staci, I had my 19th birthday. It was very quiet, which I enjoy. While there, I got to meet Zane. After spending the weekend with them, I caught a train ride down to Tacoma, where Anna picked me up. I spent the next week with her and her family, which was an interesting experience. I got to spend a lot of time with Anna. I flew home at the end of the week. The Beagleys arrived shortly after I did, and we all went to the temple for my first time through the next day. That was an awesome experience, and I was by no means weirded out by it. It was all very cool to me. The next week, I started working for my parents as Brennen's aide for his summer film seminar class. I've been doing that for the past two weeks, and it just ended this morning. Anna flew in two mondays ago, and just left yesterday. That was hectic and emotionally draining at times, but overall a wonderful experience. Unfortunately, I spent most of my day at "work", so by time I got back I was rather exhausted, and Anna was as chipper as she always is. It took a lot out of me to give her the attention that she needed/wanted. She flew out yesterday to meet up with her mom and younger brothers, who are going on a cross-country trek. I'm presently stuck in a bit of an emotional stupor from her leaving, and I've been rather depressed today, not only from her leaving, but from my daily bouts of migraine that seem to set in right when I get back from work. Those have been no fun at all to deal with, and I have consistently had them every day that I went to work as Brennen's aide. That's two weeks of migraines for the slow people out there: that hurts. That drained me of every ounce of energy I had. After Anna left, I literally slept for 4 hours to wake up at 8pm. I took a nap today as well. It's no fun. Not to mention, I have two social engagements that are being forced upon me this weekend and a missionary farewell address on sunday that I have had no time to prepare for yet. I was also never directly told that I was giving a talk, as well as what this supposed talk would be on. All of this information was filtered to me through the medium of my mother. It's almost needless to say that I'm rather frustrated with life in general right now. I did take a bold step and tell mother and father what was frustrating me, and why it was frustrating me. Forced social engagement don't work well for me, especially when I'm depressed.

Which reminds me of a detail I cleverly left out until now (j/k): my MTC report date has been moved up to July 9. My dream of getting a summer job has been handidly squashed, though it will allow the transition back to normal life after my mission to be much easier. Hopefully my depression and otherwise angsty mien will be gone by July 9. One can hope.

Mopey, the unlovable 8th dwarf.