Sunday, May 11, 2008

Catch up

For those of you out of the loop, I have turned in my mission papers. I've been eagerly awaiting them. I'm starting to wonder, though, if this is a test of patience and diligence, and whether or not I'm utterly failing at it. While I'm waiting for it, I decided to change my life around a bit to be a bit more productive and to start getting ready for my impending mission. Some of these changes include changing my bed time and wakeup time, exercising, relearning piano, and having scripture study and prayer on a daily basis. I feel terrible that I really have never gotten into these habits before, but I feel as though its now or never if I want to get into the habit. I heard that to get into a habit takes only 21 days, so I should be doing just fine if I can keep it up for that long. Relearning piano was the weird thing that came to me one day: I decided that I kinda have the ability, so I better actually make myself useful in case I am needed to officiate in that regard. There are a few other more personal changes and things that I am praying about (which is also kinda new for me), and I really just hope that I can be an instrument in the Lord's hands as I serve him on my mission.

Well, I'm home from school now. After school got out I brought Anna home to visit for a week. It was a wonderful week, and I'm fairly certain that I can stand to live with that amazing girl for eternity. She's my compliment in so many ways. She really is very well put together and very spunky (I lack that property), though she needs lifting up to keep her going. I think I can do that.